LAMAN WANITA (LaWa)
- Ministry of Women, Family and Community Development (KPWKM) through the Department of Women Development (JPW) has taken the initiative from NBOS Pre-Summit Meeting on December 1, 2016 to implement the Iconic Women’s Development Project branded as Laman Wanita (LaWa).
- LaWa will involve women entrepreneurs that will be placed in one location with a concept at flea market and urban/hipster.
- Participation in the project not limited to women entrepreneurs among PERWANI members but open to all women entrepreneurs that benefits from the grant from the Social Welfare Department (JKM), the National Population and Family Development Board (LPPKN) and the Department of Women Development (JPW), also open to all women that is the target group under others ministries / agencies.
- The establishment of Iconic Women’s Development Project can boast the women’s family income;
- Encourage the involvement of women in national development;
- Provides platform for potential entrepreneurs, particularly women, to carry out business activities; and
- Open up opportunities for women to market their creative works to a wider market.
- To develop women’s iconic centre with an urban/hipster concept that provides space for retail businesses activity centre and women info centre; and
- Provide a platform to women, especially women in B40 and M40 who are interested in entrepreneurship field to improve their skills in the marketing and production of the products.
- Business area that has been provided can help entrepreneurs to market their sales product; and
- Appropriate activities will be undertaken to attract people to visit the business area.